Velvet is one of those timeless fabrics that never cease to inspire fashion designers. Its attractiveness is in the weave that offers a heavenly soft and tender hand, as well as in the splendid luxury look, which makes no surprise velvet regularly appears on the leading haute couture and ready-to-wear fashion shows. This fabric appeals to many fashionistas for its chic gloss and contrast shades, making the use of any embellishments or accessories just redundant. However, that is also the reason why fashion designers generally don’t put much efforts to creating any offbeat cuts – the velvet outfits en vogue are mostly about quite simple lines. Stunning colours and amazing combinations of garments – that’s what velvet grabs everyone’s attention with. What is expected in 2018? Take a sneak peek!
- Evening dresses. Let’s get started with the most flashy and expected group. This season, they are represented with a range of models from such iconic names as Altuzarra, Jason Wu and Monse. What these fashion houses amaze with, is a sleeveless and high collar model, the model with a frilling top and 3/4 length, the model with a deep neckline and folds.
There are also quite exquisite designs, such as this model with a complex top and a high slit.
- Trousers. The trends of the season are 7/8 length velvet trousers featuring burgundy, graphite, rusty orange and marsh green colours – in contrast with velvet dresses, trousers are about muted hues. The sumptuous collection of this clothing has been introduced by Max Mara fashion house.
- Footwear. So soft and tender, velvet shoes make a perfect addition to the widest range of your attire. High heel shoes, sock boots, elegant sandals, embellished with bows, luxury mules, tie-up heeled slingbacks and puff tasseled velvet pumps coming from Aquazzura, Zara, Dorothy Perkins, Attico, Sam Edelman, Balenciaga and Mango represent the footwear that will rock the streets of Paris, Milan and Barcelona in 2018.
- Jackets and blazers. Classic black or emerald green, both attracting with a stylish velvety sheen? Both colours are perfectly appropriate for the wide range of clothing. The trendsetters are Violeta and Miu Miu.
- Skirts. Velvet skirts of 2018 basically come in mini and midi size and feature as rather classic colours – wine red, dark green and dark blue, as vibrant orange.